Friday 9 April 2010

Logo Ideas

After initially drawing some of my font ideas by hand I decided that it would be faster and simpler to use stock fonts available in Adobe Photoshop CS3. By using Adpbe Photoshop I was able to practise with the program I will use to create my media product and also experiment with enhancing the logo with tools like "drop shadow" and "gradient overlays". In the first part of the ideas generation process I have been able to find a font and colour which will be used in my logo (see annotations for explanations).
I next took my initial idea of adding a pattern behind the text to make the text stand out and appeal more to women and created a collage of shapes, floral shapes (feminine), which will be added to the text in the development stage.
This collage is a mixture of stock floral shapes and ones I have drawn myself using a graphics tablet. I particularly experimented with gradient overlays in attempt to get a metallic texture, I think that the pattern in the background of the text should be brightly coloured in contrast to the black text on the logo, making it stand out more. I particularly like the large red pattern in terms of shape as it is very sharp, almost like razors, and yet a feminine form. This conforms with the font of the logo. The colour and metallic sheen however will have to be developed further and I will look at whether a block bold colour will compliment the text and theme more than a pastel, harmonised scheme. As well as gradient overlays, I also experimented with drop shadows, inner shadows, outer glows and inner glows, the results of which can be particularly seen towards the left side of the page. These tools accent the shapes and may be implemented during the development stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment